Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Boys and Their Toys

I have watched with fascination over the last few weeks as the men working on the garden have worked with chain saws and power tools to build the raised beds and then operate.......the roto-tillers.  In the meantime I have crawled along in the dirt,  planting one seed at a time and saying a little prayer over each.

And then I saw it... a seed planter! 

Plant a variety of vegetable and flower seeds with one continuous operation of opening the soil, planting the seed, covering, and marking the next row. The Precision Garden Seeder takes the guess work out of planting row crops at the proper depth and spacing, making
your garden the envy of all!

Sounds a little like a Red Ryder BB Gun doesn't it?

Now this is a tool that could make me very excited! After crawling on my knees the last few weekends trying to plant lettuce seeds (Do you know how tiny they are?) I am thinking that there is potential in the promises of this contraption.

Join us Friday night from 6-8 or Saturday from 10-2 to see if this thing really works.  We will be planting the last of our cool weather crop and may even start some beans.

Please bring a hoe if you have one (in case the seeder doesn’t work) a lunch if you are staying over the dinner hour and a bottle of water.

Please park in the back of the parking lot on Saturday because there is a service at the church. 

If you talk nice to me I might let you use my seed planter!


No comments:

Post a Comment